Posted: |
Updated: |
Rate: 0 0

An EU citizen who is a spouse of a Polish citizen shall have the right of residence on the Polish territory. If the stay lasts for longer than three months an EU citizen is obliged to register, following foreigner’s request. The application is made in person, not later than the day following the expiration of three months from the date of entry into Polish territory. The application must be accompanied by documents confirming the fulfillment of conditions of stay, i.e. marriage certificate and a copy of spouse’s personal ID card. When submitting the application it is necessary to present a travel document or other document confirming identity and citizenship. If the stay is registered EU citizen receives a registration certificate.

The same rules apply to stay and registration:

• nationals of the Member State of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area;

• citizen of the Swiss Confederation;

Legal basis:
1. Set of 14 July 2006 on Entering the Polish Territory, Stay and Departure From the Territory of Nationals of the Member States of the European Union and Members of Their Families.